Thursday, February 11, 2010

That Love Holiday

While Mom and I were doing some major Spring Cleaning a while back (come to think of it, I think we do a lot of Spring Cleaning...but it's more like constantly going through boxes, but that's beside the point) we found these little gems. They were my Valentine's from way back, circa 1989ish. They sure don't make 'em like this anymore! They are adorable! And clever! And just so cute!

These first ones were the kind you had to punch out of the bigger set, they still had perforations on the outsides. Oh how they make me smile!


And they have the cutest little sayings.



These were the kind you had to cut out. They make my heart go pitter-patter!

Because it is better to share such treasures than to put them back in a box and hide them somewhere, I made my Valentines with them. AND to spice things up a bit I broke out the sewing machine and got into a stitching frenzy.

Here are a few little details. I will unveil the whole cards on V-Day.




Oooo! They just make me squeal with delight!



2 comments:

Mama H said...

You kill me. You just gotta be so dang creative, huh? (I still have a drawer at my parents' full of valentine's day cards from back in the day.) I love the little cowgirl ones!
P.S. My mom baked some PB cookies for Super Bowl, they were the softest, chewiest cookies I've EVER eaten. I will try to bum the recipe for you.

Anna said...

LOVE THEM!! I'm gonna steal this idea!!