Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Next Chapter in My Life

Drum roll...

is taking me to Arizona!

I accepted a job in Phoenix with the Arizona Beef Council and move at the end of next week. You might be thinking, "Wow, I didn't even know she was looking for a job, and out of state?" Well, you are right, I really wasn't. But then things fell into place and all signs pointed toward "Take this opportunity!" And here I am, moving in less than 2 weeks.

The position is Director of Marketing and Public Relations for the Arizona Beef Council (the ABC, not to be confused with the Alcoholic Beverage Control). That means I will be ALL ABOUT beef promotion, as if you didn't think I already was. The Beef Council shares a building with the AZ Cattle Growers and the Cattle Feeders in Phoenix. From who I've met so far, everyone is AWESOME and I can't wait to start! I have some big shoes to fill {visit the last fabulous girl who was in this position at her fabulous blog Life Be Delicious}.

I am going to live with my good friend, Rachel, in Buckeye (she and I tackled the Breast Cancer 3Day together).

Oh, the adventures we get ourselves into! I met her a little over 2 years ago in Reno when she was the southwestern field rep for the National Cattlemen's Beef Association. It was fate! LOL! Seriously, it was. My life hasn't had a dull moment since. Actually, her Dad is going to be my boss. It will be a 40ish minute commute to work, will probably have to deal with some traffic, but hopefully it won't be too bad. This California girl is dreading the heat in the summer, but good thing God invented air conditioning! :)

It's going to be a beautiful voyage!

3 comments:

Mama H said...

Whoo hoo! You know, Pheonix isn't too far from my place...

Anna said...

woohoo! can't wait for you to be here. thanks for the kind words! hugs! {you can enter to win my beef giveaway:)}

Mama H said...

Hey, girl, I bet you're busy busy busy packing and prepping but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you! I thought "Lauren hasn't posted in a while" then I remembered "Duh, she's moving to Arizona!" Good luck with the move and the transition. If you need a stop-over point, we're not too far off the 10 freeway! Can't wait to hear how it all goes!